Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fashion Experiment: Stripe meets Polka

Anything in black with white polka dots on it is something that catches my attention.  
One ordinary wet market day, I stopped at a nearby thrift shop and got my eyes hooked on a petite-sized balloon black-white polka dot skirt and haggled it at Php 40.00.  I knew it will not fit me but I will have it definitely repaired.  Only a few months later that I got to wear this skirt. I had put garter on the waist and added a few inches of black cloth on the sides to actually fit on it.

Fashion Experiment:
Stripe and Polka Dots, of course in my favorite black and white color combo.

wearing: stripe black-white top - thrifted, black-white polka dot skirt - reworked, thrifted, black belt - G.Main, black sling bag - Fila, red flats - bought in Shanghai, China, necklace with "D' pendant - bought in Nanjing Road Shanghai, China, Swatch "cozy balloons" watch - gifted by sis from Geneva, Switzerland, bracelets - Aizilym, from provincial trips in Pagudpud and Baguio

Some fashion-indulgents are rockin' this clothing mix.
 this is the closest look to mine via glamcanyon

via the glamourai

hers is the vice-versa: polka on top of stripes - via B.Jones Style

Are you for this patterns and color mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment